Wednesday, December 7, 2011

August 2011 - November 2011

So many medical conditions ran through my head each day. I saw a 3rd neurologist, he scheduled me for another MRI/MRA of my brain. He wanted to cancel out venous sinus thrombosis and brain sag/ csf leak.

In August I found out that I was 8 weeks pregnant. So I decided to wait on the MRi. I had so many things to think of. I had been with my boyfriend for 4 years...we had been through so much. I am a christian, and morally I just could not get an abortion. I never technically was diagnosed so I assumed that I could handle it.



The months I was pregnant, I noticed a decrease in a lot of my symptoms. I still hand random tingling but not so much burning in my neck. Not so many bad pains in my head. My family then began to think that " It was all in my head." " How does an illness just all the sudden get better?" " I think it's because your mind is on something else." - Ugh. Maybe they were rite....my mind was off of feeling so sick..but I could not completely ignore my pains. I had my daughter April 11, 2011. Not epidural or meds because I did not want to take the risk of another headache.

Ive yet to go to a Chiari Malformation Doctor, it is still on my list. My daughter was healthy and after I delivered and quit breastfeeding it was on to the 4th neurologist. I needed a closer neuro to my city.

2 months after my daughter was born I started having severe headaches again.I had the MRI/MRA without contrast done, and everything came back normal. *Sigh. All he said was " your neck is really straight! " - I thought that was a good thing....untill I researched cervical kyphosis and loss of cervical curve.

                                  The above picture is not of my mri, it was a google image. 

Definition of Cervical Kyphosis:

Cervical kyphosis is a name given to the condition where the normal curve of the neck begins to straighten. Cervical kyphosis can progress to the point where the curve in the neck actually reverses, going in the opposite direction from its normal, healthy state.



I was given Tompomax at the time but did not have insurance to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment