Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Introduction.

Hello, everyone. My name is Megan. I am a 21 year old who has been suffering from undiagnosed symptoms for over two years. It has truly been a difficult journey for me. I made this blog not so much to find out what's wrong with me ( giving up for a little ), but to reach out to others who have never been diagnosed or are in chronic pain. After seing 5 neurologist 1 being a neuro-ophthalmologist, an infectious disease doctor, orthopedic surgeon, a sports medicine/spine doctor, a rheumatologist, a dentist and an oncologist. Maybe it is just " all in my head? " No! I know my body and I know how I felt before the on-set of symptoms.


An actual mri of my brain, I'll add more close-up ones later. You can click to make it bigger.

My "head pains" are hard to describe and they aren't always the same every "episode."
They are persistent with random jabs of short pain. Was never diagnosed with migraines as my symptoms are Atypical.

Some of my symptoms ( short story ) : Here they are in Depth http://all-n-your-head.blogspot.com/2011/12/symptoms-in-depth.html
  • tingling in my face, scalp, neck, hands.
  • burning in hands and neck
  • head pains and neck pains/ headaches
  • fatigue
  • straining to use the bathroom hurts, sneezing, coughing..even singing
  • ears popping
  • facial pain
  • shock like sensations, pricks
  • visual disturbances
  • sometimes sore throat, feels weird when swallowing
  • base of skull soreness
  • sometimes when I move my neck a pain shoots up to my head
  • sometimes jaw pain and tickling in ear with accompanied ear pressure

      My History of accidents and 2 surgeries. I have asthma. 

      Broke my ankle riding a bike.
      Broke my wrist on roller blades.

      In 2000, I was in a horseback riding accident. Fell off and suffered a compound-fracture to my left arm. Had to be flown to John Hopkins Hospital air vac. Had pins and a cast for 11 months. So lucky to even have my arm.

      I had my appendix removed in 1999.  



      I know how it feels to be afraid and have anxiety over health. All the tests that had/have to be done, are hardships in itself. Not only do I suffer from pain but, the fact that I don't know why...drives me crazy! I've been called crazy and been judged and treated in many hurtful ways due to this...Chronic pain can truly change the person you are. It's sad and its hard to deal with and keep healthy relationships. I don't want to give up, I think making some friends with the same issue would be very beneficial.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment